by contrast, on the contrary, while, whereas, on the other hand, unlike, instead, but, conversely, different from, however, nevertheless, otherwise, whereas, unlike, yet, in contrast
for example, for instance, such as, take …for example, except (for), to illustrate
later, next, then, finally, at last, eventually, meanwhile, from now on, at the same time, for the time being, in the end, immediately, in the meantime, in the meanwhile, recently, soon, now and then, during, nowadays, since, lately, as soon as, afterwards, temporarily, earlier, now, after a while
first, second, third, then, finally, to begin with, first of all, in the first place, last, next, above all, last but not the least, first and most important
presumably, probably, perhaps
in other words, in fact, as a matter of fact, that is, namely, in simpler terms
What is more, in addition, and, besides, also, furthermore, too, moreover, furthermore, as well as, additionally, again
although, after all, in spite of…, despite, even if, even though, though, admittedly, whatever may happen
however, rather than, instead of, but, yet, on the other hand, unfortunately, whereas
for this reason, due to, thanks to, because, because of, as, since, owing to
as a result, thus, hence, so, therefore, accordingly, consequently, as a consequence
on the whole, in conclusion, in a word, to sum up, in brief, in summary, to conclude, to summarize, in short
mostly, occasionally, currently, naturally, mainly, exactly, evidently, frankly, commonly, for this purpose, to a large extent, for most of us, in many cases, in this case
44. Recently, the problem of … has aroused people’s concern. 最近，……问题已引起人们的关注。
45. The Internet has been playing an increasingly important role in our day-to-day life. It has brought a lot of benefits but has created some serious problems as well.
46. Nowadays, (overpopulation) has become a problem we have to face.
47. It is commonly believed that … / It is a common belief that … 人们一般认为……
48. Many people insist that …
49. With the development of science and technology, more and more people believe that…
50. A lot of people seem to think that …
51. Obviously, if we don’t control the problem, the chances are that … will lead us in danger.
52. No doubt, unless we take effective measures, it is very likely that …
53. It is urgent that immediate measures should be taken to stop the situation.
54. Taking all these factors into consideration, we naturally come to the conclusion that…
55. Taking into account all these factors, we may reasonably come to the conclusion that …
56. Hence/Therefore, we’d better come to the conclusion that …
57. There is no doubt that (job-hopping) has its drawbacks as well as merits.
58. All in all, we cannot live without … But at the same time we must try to find out new ways to cope with the problems that would arise.
59. Obviously, it is high time that we took some measures to solve the problem.
60. Obviously, we can draw the conclusion that good manners arise from politeness and respect for others.